Tuesday, February 9, 2010

On the Eaterstate

As I look for new experiences here on the road, I’m keeping my McDonalds and Burger King intake to a minimum and searching for off the road, greasy, home cookin that sticks to your ribs! On my way to Tennessee from South Carolina, I had the rumbly bumbling in my tummy and looked for just the right place.

It took me a while and a lot of back roads but eventually I found Paterson’s. Despite the oddly narrow parking lot, the outside was a good mix of professionalism and quaintness. The details on these places are what really get me. This wasn’t just a place of business it was a place for living. It was alive. You can really tell that someone had taken this place and made it their own; funky lawn decorations, swing on the porch and tree house play place. When I walked in, there were shoes next to the door! I gave them a tap with my foot to make sure they were real. They were and I almost took mine off!

I took a seat at a table near the kitchen and waited for my server. When she finally came (Get that emoticon that shrugs and makes a funny face), she was wearing dirty overalls and had dirt underneath her fingernails! I was a little nervous about my food but I was pumped at how real this place was. She asked me what I wanted. I asked her what the specials were. She was shocked so I just ordered a cheeseburger. These places have the best cheeseburgers. She got more angry and started screaming for me to get out. Maybe she hates cheeseburgers…LOL

Strike one. We’ll see what I find next.

No comments:

Post a Comment